Monday, February 20, 2012

Obsessive Monday - Macaroons

I've fallen in love with French macaroons.  I had my first real one a couple of years ago when my Husband's cousin, Gil, brought some for me when he came for vacation from France.
They were SO good!

Later we heard about a local bakery where the owner had extensive training from some of the top pastry chefs in Paris.  My dear Husband gave me some for Christmas that year.  I cut each one in half and froze them so I could make them last longer.  He then bought me some for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, my Birthday and Christmas this past year.  Shhh..don't tell, I was hoping to get some for Valentine's day this past week but....hmmm....no such luck.  I may just have to sneak over and pick up my own this week.

Enjoy these beautiful pictures of macaroons!


Ladurée are suppose to be the best of the best!





I may have to make a stop on my way home from work, I'll keep you posted!!

Happy week!

Renée

No comments:

Post a Comment