Friday, February 10, 2012

Easy Peasy Three Step Chicken

I have the worst imagination when it comes to dinner, plus I don't like to cook!!
When I was in Starbucks yesterday, they had a free iBook download for "Quick & Easy Recipes 1-2-3" by Roxanne Gold.  Did someone say "quick and easy"??  Right up my alley!! 


Three Step Chicken
1. 2 thick skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2. 4 thin slices of boiled ham
3. 4 slices Swiss cheese

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray ( I used a ceramic baking dish).

Carefully cut each chicken breast in half as though you were slicing a bagel.  Pound them heavily with a mallet to create thin cutlets.  Season with salt and pepper and place on the baking sheet several inches apart (Oops, I missed that step). 

Place a slice of ham on each piece of chicken then a slice of cheese on the ham.  Bake 12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted (but not running all over the pan).  I did finish ours under the broiler for a minute or two, I like toasty bubbly cheese!


I also made a cucumber vinaigrette salad.  The other night we had a Greek vegetarian dinner and I found a recipe for Greek style dressing here which I used on the cucumbers.

Add a crusty loaf of bread and you have an easy, yummy dinner!!

Enjoy!!

Renée

No comments:

Post a Comment