Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My Weekend

This past weekend, I had the amazing opportunity to help out one of my BFF's, Lisa, at her very first show for her skin care line, Lily & Co., at The Sealed Conference in Tucson, Arizona.  She was kind enough to let me bring along some of my jewelry and hair creations.

I just love the logo they created!

Lisa developed this line because she is passionate about women breaking free from Human Trafficking and wanting to provide a quality product without harmful ingrediants and chemicals.  25% of the proceeds go directly to the support of Human Trafficking victims. 

A few of the organizations Lisa supports are, Streetlight - Phoenix, Destiny's House - Las Vegas, Treasures - LA, Cakes of Love - Phoenix and Call + Response, Fair Trades Pics.

Lisa asked me to make some cupcakes since one of the groups she is involved in takes cupcakes into some of the places they serve. We were able to raise a bit more money and give the ladies a little sweet treat with their lunches.

Now mind you, we live in the Phoenix area and were staying in Tucson.  That's about two hours from my house, and we have temperatures over 100 degrees. We didn't want them to melt or get messed up while traveling.  I came up with this fantastic idea of baking them ahead of time, freezing them and making the frosting ahead of time too.  You may not know that it works to make frosting a couple of days before you need it but then you have to use a mixer and rebeat it to make it nice and fluffy again. Since were were staying in a hotel, I had to bring my Kitchen Aide mixer, you should have seen the bellman's face.  I was able to fluff the frosting up before we left the hotel and frost them at the church we were at.


One of the highlights was meeting Kalin Hemphill, model winner of Project Runway Season 6. What a sweet, beautiful, committed Christian young woman!!  She was so kind and patient as we tried to get a good picture of all three of us.


On Saturday afternoon, Kalyn spoke.  She's moved to L.A. and is pursuing her dream of acting but is holding fast to her Christian standards and will only take parts that are honoring to God.

I came away with a renewed passion to be the person God created me to be.

So how was your weekend??


No comments:

Post a Comment