Saturday, June 18, 2011

What Happened??

Things just don't always go the way we want them to!
  So after having an amazing weekend at The Flood I went back to work Monday to train our amazing new afternoon front desk girl, Kyra.  It was a LOONNNGGG day but she was doing an amazing job!!  My friends, Lisa, Linda and I were going to San Diego Thursday through Sunday, I was getting my hair trimmed and colored on Wednesday.  Things were looking great (I was tired, but things were great)!



Last year with Lisa at the Switchfoot Concert
Tuesday afternoon, I come back from lunch and Kyra tells us she was offered a full-time job with pay and benefits we couldn't even begin to touch.  She did tell them that she need to give us three weeks so we could get someone else hired, cover for my weekend trip etc.
BUMMER!!

I cancelled my Wednesday hair appointment so I could get to the bank and run the kids all over and get ready for my trip.  Wednesday morning, Lisa texts me to tell me she is sick and there is no way she will be able to make our trip.  Oh and, my washing machine broke and I haven't even washed my clothes.
DOUBLE BUMMER!

In the midst of my feeling sorry for myself I remembered.....I had wanted to go to Crafting Arizona Friday night...guess what???? I got to go!
Fun decorations!

Here's what I was able to get done! close to 100 flowers!

I need to remember, God is on my side and has my best interest in mind.  While I really wanted to go to San Diego and spend time with my girlfriends.  I've been able to rest up after my long weekend, get some things done around the house, spend time with my kids not spend as much money :),  go to the amazing sale at Gap ($400 worth of clothes for $126) and go to Crafting Arizona, meet some new friends, meet some friends I only know through Facebook and their blogs and work on some projects I haven't had time for.

Yes, God is good and he does know best...I need to remember that in the midst of my whining and feeling sorry for myself..

Isaiah 55:8-9 - New International Version (NIV)

 8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
   neither are your ways my ways,”
            declares the LORD.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
   so are my ways higher than your ways
   and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Renee'

 

No comments:

Post a Comment