Friday, May 7, 2010

Wedding Jewels

I had the honor last month of designing and making the jewelry for my beautiful niece Danielle's wedding.



She has been such an important of my life since she was born.  We spent lots of time together when she was little and before I was married and had kids of my own.  While in recent years, the time we've spent together hasn't been as often, there is still a special bond.

Within a few days of, her now husband, Mike asking her to marry him, she was at our office showing me her ring and both of us squealing like little girls.  I had told her for a few years that when the time came and if she was willing, I wanted to make her jewelry and headpiece as my gift to her.  A couple of months before the wedding, I was at her house with ripped out pages from bridal magazines with pictures of things she liked and looking at her dress.  She has very simple but classic and elegant taste.  I ended up making Swarovski crystal and pearl earrings and bracelets for her and her attendants and a beautiful Swarovski crystal and pearl hair comb for her.  She looked so beautiful!  She would have with or without me, but I'm glad I had a part.




Thank you Danielle!!!  I love you!

Aunt Nee'



1 comment:

  1. She looks beautiful! Your jewelry is just the right touch. Very classy.

    ReplyDelete