Sunday, December 11, 2011

Gingerbread Houses

This past Thursday night, we had our annual gingerbread house building evening.  

When the kids were little (and I had control) I would make a house completely from scratch (crazy but true). I couldn't compete with Martha Stewart but I would do a pretty darn good job!  As the kids got older, we would buy a kit and candy that we liked.  I learned to glue gun the walls together (much, much easier) and let go of wanting the house to be beautiful!  The only problem is, we couldn't agree on how to decorate the house (there are 5 of us).  We would all take a side or room and have a hodgepodge house.  In the past few years, they've come out with little village kits and guess what??  There are 5 little houses!  We all get our own! Now the only thing we fuss about is who gets the frosting bag next!

1. Mine
2. Dad's (aka The Outhouse)
3. Dré's
4. Colette's
5. Dominique's


In the end, Dré ended up with the frosting bag and photo bombed my pictures.  I LOVE my teenagers!

Renée

No comments:

Post a Comment