Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Camping...Here We Come!!

Every year our family takes a camping trip for our family vacation (more about that later), this year is no exception.  There are a few food traditions we have. One of them is homemade Oatmeal Scotchie cookies.  This year has been a little harder to get ready for so I decided to try making my cookies into bar cookies and to use more organic and healthy (snicker, snicker) ingredients.

So here goes.



This recipe is adapted from the Nestle's Butterscotch Morsels Package.

Oatmeal Scotchies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, oil large jelly roll pan.
1 cup Butter
3/4 cup Brown Sugar ( I used organic)
3/4 cup White Sugar ( again organic, see how healthy :)
2 large Eggs
1 tsp. Vanila Bean Paste (my favorite!)
3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 cup Almond Flour (yes, I know, healthy again!) 
{You only want to substitute this for half of the required flour!}
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
The recipe calls for 1/2 tsp. cinnamon I don't put that in.
3 cups Oatmeal
11 ounces (1 package) Butterscotch Morsels

Beat together butter and sugars until creamy.  Add eggs and vanilla, cream together until light and fluffy.

Add in the flours, salt and baking soda until well mixed. 
Add in oats and morsels.
Spread into pan (gets a little messy!)

Bake for 18 to 22 minutes.  
Cool cut into serving size pieces (your choice on the serving size).


These are all products I purchased and prefer to use.  I was not paid or compensated for this post.

Renee'

No comments:

Post a Comment